Palo Duro II is a permanent, supportive living center for single, homeless adults with a mental illness.
• It is a 14-unit complex. Individual apartments include a living area, kitchen, bathroom and bedroom. The complex also has a common area with a TV and an on-site laundry facility.
• Residents pay a monthly program fee that covers all bills.
• Palo Duro II is funded primarily by the Department of Housing and Urban Development.
• The facility is within walking distance of a mental health care provider, and also offers an on-site, full-time case manager.
• Since this is a permanent housing facility, residents can live at Palo Duro II for as long as they like. The complex offers them a safe, comfortable environment in which to live with individuals who have had similar experiences. As a result, Palo Duro II has a family-like atmosphere