Gatewood is a transitional living program for pregnant, single mothers or those with a child under the age of five.
• Gatewood offers four fully-furnished, one bedroom apartments. Each unit comes fully stocked with all the basics the mother and her child may need, so the day they move in, all they have to do is relax.
• Residents pay a monthly program fee that covers all bills. A portion of their fees go into an escrow account, which they can use as a down payment on an apartment when they complete the program.
• The women at Gatewood must attend weekly lifeskills classes that prepare them for permanent, independent living.
• Residents must either be particpating in the ReMerge program through United Way, be employed or be in school full time during the length of their residency. They can live at Gatewood for up to 24 months.
• The program recently received a Continuum of Care grant from the City of Oklahoma City to help mothers completing the program secure permanent housing.
“Tired, overwhelmed, alone, confused and fed up; these are the many feelings that most single moms can often feel. Especially when the family is not helping as much as one would like, let alone the baby’s father. But when all hope seems lost and the world is against you, there is still hope yet when programs like NSO are found.”
For more information about living at Gatewood, call (405) 525-7409.